External Partners

Women in Tech is a site dedicated to women already in or looking to join the tech sector. The site will provide you with career advice, case studies, jobs and a list of employers hiring women in tech. Women in tech have connected me with a mentor to help with advice and guidance for my project. Women in tech have also provided me with resources and survey results relating to my project. I have been allocated a mentor who is experienced and knowledgeable, who is able to provide me with feedback and share what they know.




I contacted Women in Tech about my final year project in October and Sarah Wood the Digital Marketing Executive replied. She helped point me to a survey and case studies and advised me to sign up for the mentoring scheme. This was so I could be partnered with a mentor who has experience and information to help get my app out there. 


I got paired with my mentor in November Malwina Fojcik who is an experienced designer (UX designer, senior designer) and current lead product designer. She has experience with expertise in user interface design, user experience, and digital design. She is able to provide me with feedback and especially design tips which is important for the users of the app as this is one of the risks highlighted in the risk analysis "interface design not being liked by users". 


I am very happy to be working with Women in Tech as we have the same values and beliefs and similar goals to what we are aiming to achieve. This will also help build my network and connections as well as develop my knowledge. 

Comments