Supervisor Meetings Part 1

I have been keeping a project journal to record any notes from my supervisor meetings with John Edmonds. I aimed to have a meeting with supervisor every two weeks to discuss my project, any feedback and any concerns I may have. 

29th October: Meeting 1

This was my first supervisor meeting where I discuss the idea and concept for my project. My supervisor said to focus on the target audience, I could potentially go to an event and find out why my target audience they are there. Also, could do a survey, ask uni of Leeds computer science how many girls are on the course. Target women who are attend the free workshops and events, why do they want to learn code? There are templates and plugins so why bother to learn code. Think about what is going to set my idea apart from competitors. 

12th November: Meeting 2

In this meeting, I came with my survey to get feedback before distributing. My supervisor advise me to section my survey into two halves the first being gender gap and the second being specific questions to the application. This helps break down the survey into manageable sections for the users. My supervisor also checked my over my questions. 

26th November: Meeting 3

The main focus for this meeting was to get feedback before the pitch document submission. My supervisor held with reviewing my aims and objectives to see if they were clear and concise. Also, I showed my supervisor the response from the survey which we both agree it would be good to analysis these results. 

10th December: Meeting 4

To conclude, the final meeting for semester one I discussed the next deadline which is the prototype with my supervisor. We discussed what is expected and what I should aim to produced for this deadline in greater detail. Also, we review my blog so far and how sticking to the weekly blog post have really helped show the progression of the project so far. 

In reflection, the first semester of meetings have been very useful to keep in contact and maintain regular communication with my supervisor to see that the project is progressing nicely.

Comments