Understanding The Audience

Introduction 

It is essential to understand the audience as much as possible as it will allow me to make informed decisions about the content and designs of the project. I found out a great deal from my survey and now I am gonna build on my understanding on my audience as well as my competitors audience. 

Competitors Audience 

All competitors are aimed at people who want to learn code. SoloLearn is aimed at people learning the fundamentals and progressing and gaining knowledge to complete further courses. Mimo is aimed at people who want to learn the basics and fundamentals and this is the app for people with no coding experience at all. Codecademy Go is aimed at different levels beginners and more advanced coders. This app is appeals to a wide target audience as Codecademy was already a popular website which them became mobile. It is aimed at any levels from different coding backgrounds. 

My Audience 

My audience is going to be specifically targeted towards women to give them a platform to get into tech, although anyone can use the app. It will assist in teaching code from the basics only so no prior code knowledge is needed. 

The results from my survey show that the majority of the people that answers my survey had no coding knowledge at all (37.5%) and also that the majority of them didn't work in the tech sector (47.5%). Therefore, it shows that my app will fit the audience I am choosing to target. Moreover, my external partner women in tech are targeting a similar audience to myself therefore more discussions with my mentor will help make sure my project is targeted well for my audience will be useful. This is due to Women in Tech being a site dedicated to women already in or looking to join the tech sector. 

Conclusion

By understanding my three main competitors audience is allows me to distinguish my target audience from them and see how I can make my application unique and different. 

Comments